Thursday, October 31, 2013

Great Grey Owl nesting boxes


I mentioned in my last post about spending time with the Girl Scouts building Great Grey Owl nesting boxes.  They had a great article in the Weekly about it and a good picture on front of the Tuesday Daily.
Even though it wasn't specifically geared towards the golf course, I learned some really interesting facts about their nesting habits, egg laying, fledging of young, etc. that will come in handy out here.  Side note as well..my oldest Ruby (10yrs) is one of the girl scouts and Annabelle (5yrs) is a 'daisy'.  They were a big reason I was able to get in on the activity.  The Girls Scouts do a lot of great things in the valley and I am so proud of them all.  Here a few pictures I got from the activity.
Annabelle using a drill!!!


Brian from Beringia South talking about different traits of raptors native to our area.


Just outside the shop area..


No comments:

Post a Comment